5/16 inch x 3 1/2 inch Zinc Concrete Wedge Anchors are used for concrete applications. The clip is created with enlarged dimples to reduce slip and increase effectiveness in lighter concrete.
- Less rotation is needed to achieve the required torque.
- A "safety shoulder" feature supports the clip when anchor is under strain, minimizing bolt-end collapse and slipping of the clip under extreme loading conditions.
- Designed to spread surface pressure throughout the anchor to distribute weight and provide greater carrying capacity.
Diameter: 5/16 inch
Length: 3 1/2 inch
1. Drill the hole, in which diameter equals the anchor diameter perpendicular to the work surface. To assure full holding power, do not ream the hole or allow the drill to wobble.
2. Drill the hole deeper than the intended embedment, but not closer than two diameters to the bottom (opposite) surface of the concrete.
3. A clean hole is necessary for proper performance. Clean the hole using a nylon brush and compressed air.
4. Assemble the nut and washer so that the top of the nut is flush with the top of the anchor. Drive the anchor through the material to be fastened so the the nut and washer are flush with the surface of the material.
5. Tighten the nut, or head, 3 to 5 turns past the hand tight position. Installing the anchor with a torque wrench is recommended for optimum performance.